Wednesday, October 13, 2010

To Mai

This poem isn't towards to any girl name Mai in particular (jus picked Mai cause it was a common name and it jus came to me) but to any girls who can relate to this. I wrote it for you...for them girls that dont think that there are any more good guys, that there is...there's hope, so wipe your tears and let the past be in the past. you got me...this poem that i wrote for you.
--------------------------------------------

Mai…
I hear you calling
See you there crying
I know the boys keep breaking your heart
It left you marks, just tore you apart
The other boys got you all wrong
That guy said “I love yous” so you gave him your body and soul
But he took your soul and gave your body away
Till this day you strayed away
Now longer trust men, but you just can’t keep away

Mai…
I’ve seen those tears
Here!...these are yours, broken pieces that I try to piece together
It no longer holds so I kept it in this letter with the others
Next to the May’s, Pa’s and single mothers
I hear you calling
Heard those boys still wanna dance with you
Chant to shake it a little longer
Making them fall in love with you
But they don’t love you, just love what you are

Mai…
You weren’t those stories being shared
But the more you heard them, the more you start living them
See…you had dreams and you had hope
But when it was lost…you were lost with it
The dreams that was dreamt was gone and I’ll mourn forever
Knowing that that you were here but gone forever…
I know these boys don’t treat you well
They call you names that are often found in hell
…so you walked away, say your goodbyes and farewells

But Mai…
I hear you calling
I saw those tears crying
I’ve written this song for you
Reach my hands out to you
What can I do…
Mai…
I know you’re lonely
And there are days when the pain wins
But know that me and the boys are trying…
…to win you over again
All over again…

No comments:

Post a Comment