Thursday, August 12, 2010

Redefining Hmong men in society

This is me performing at the "Redefining Hmong men in society" event in St. Paul, MN earlier this year. It was my first time performing and a great experience. That night had a great amount of other spoken word/rappers/poets artist giving a little word to everyone in the room. That night I read "Drink-up" (a poem I wrote about people that are addicted to the night life/clubs every), "I miss her..." (a love poem to my favorite season SUMMER) and "OURSELVES" (a poem of my reflection on the current state of the Hmong community). I will post some of these older poems as the weeks progress. I would just like to share this picture as a token of my growth through this world of spoken word. I have always been writing as a kid, but never took it serious until I was encouraged by friends to try it out. I am always up for an performance and willing to listen to others as well because I love to see how other spoken words/poets artist do it so I can learn from them.
So I wanna say Thanks again to TouSaiko Lee for giving me an invite and to future invites.

No comments:

Post a Comment